Hello digi world!! Hope you’re having a fantastic Friday! I know I am! I’m very excited about the Olympics… can’t wait to watch the opening ceremony in a bit! I’m sure England has a great show in store for us!!
This week’s Darer’s Choice goes to Rachel (stampin_rachel) with this amazing work of art… I LOVE the photography and the use of alphas, elements, and color choices to tell her story!
And our random winner is Emilie (stevens89) with this fantastic page…
Congratulations ladies! Please email us at digidares at gmail dot com to claim your prizes. And thanks once again to all the participants.
This week’s sponsor Chere Kay Designs. Click HERE to learn more about her and her inspired designs! There just might be a little something there for you!
Now, on to this week’s dare!
Well, as I was thinking up a dare, I have a Jack White concert playing on youtube in the background. Right now, it seems I find myself listening to his music a lot. And really it seems to me that, no matter how mundane life can be, when I look back at seasons of my life, there are always those little details that have shaped and defined that time period for me. I like that little truth about life.
So, to draw inspiration from that, let’s scrap something about right now… something about your life, day in and day out, that distinguishes this time in your life from some other time. For example, you could talk about your favorite music, or food, or tv shows, or movies, or books, or whatever else… what are some of the details that are part of your life right now that maybe were not there a few years ago, or maybe will not be there a few years from now?
* Let’s get the tough one out of the way… ready?… At least 1 photo of YOU. *eeep* Or be daring and use more than one.
* Use blending somehow on your background paper… overlay 2 papers and apply a filter, or maybe use a photo mask in some creative way, or blend some paint splatters… however you want to interpret this is fine with me.
* At least 5 ‘right now’ items should be expressed on your page. They can be explained in writing or illustrated in photo.
* NO LISTS. I DON’T want to see a bullet point (or numbered) list of things in your life. Scatter them about. Be creative. Try something that pushes you out of the box a bit.
* At least 2 different alphas for your title. More is fine. I LOVE alphas!!
And now for a little bit of inspiration from our darers…
Credits: Strike a Pose and Strike a Pose Solids by Little Butterfly Wings and Amy Wolff; Twiggy Twiggy by Little Butterfly Wings, After the Rain by Little Butterfly Wings; Butterfly Spritz by Sahlin Studio, Typeset Alpha No. 1 by Sahlin Studio, Travel Mixed Media by Sahlin Studio, Fresh by Sahlin Studio & One Little Bird, Paper Piecing Stitch Holes by Sahlin Studio; Chalklet Alpha and Chalklet Labels by The Tattered Pear; Say It Again Alpha by Karah Fredricks; Grunged Ampersands by the Edits; A Bit More Mess 2 stitches by Amy Martin.
fonts: The Reed by Heather Hess, Chalkboard from da fonts
Credits: Gina Miller – Summer Breeze papers; Little Butterfly Wings – Strike A Pose; Allison Pennington – Blah, Blah, Blah., Social Butterfly; Chere Kaye – Stapled Ribbons; SurgarPlum Paperie - Be Brave; Libby Pritchett – Half Tone Brushes; Jacque Larsen – Doo Dads.
Can’t wait to see what you come up with!
To play along, leave a comment with a link to your layout by 10pm EST, Thursday August 2nd for a chance to win!